site image
Sky Scene 05


Oommen Roy

April 13, 1948 ~ February 24, 2018 (age 69)
Obituary Image

     Oommen Roy was born into a CSI Christian family on April 13, 1948, as the eldest child of the late Mr. M.M. Oommen and Mrs. Kunjamma Oommen of Manalel Veettil, Kodukulanji, Kerala, India. Early on his life, he was very active in the CSI Church youth group and very athletic in his community group and at school.  After his education, he moved to Nagaland to pursue his professional career.  On June 7, 1973, he married Annamma Thomas (Elsy), daughter of the late Mr. K.G. Thomas and Mrs. Achamma Thomas.

     Before his salvation experience, once while he was returning from an outing, he passed by our faith home where he heard a sister crying and interceding for his salvation which really touched his heart.  Subsequently, he was travelling to Calcutta where he was involved in a deadly train accident and many people lost their lives, but God spared his life.  This miracle brought gratefulness in his heart to love God and follow him wholeheartedly. This was an answer to his beloved mother's constant prayer.

     In 1978, he received the baptism of the holy spirit with a gift of prophesy and discernment that changed his walk with God.  He became a man of prayer.  He prayed for hours for his family, friends, relatives, church believers, and the servants of God.  He interceded for nations which were against the gospel and rejoiced when the gospel was accepted in those nations.

     He moved to Doha, Qatar, in 1979 and worked there for 3 years, where laboring in God's ministry became an instrumental part of his life.  Many were blessed and touched by his dedication and prayer life.  In 1982, he migrated to the United States with his family and settled in New Rochelle, New York.  Initially, they attended the Brooklyn New Testament Church, as there was no local church in their hometown of New Rochelle.  They were earnestly praying for the New York area churches to expand and few years later, Queens and Yonkers churches were established.  The family were members of these churches prior to moving to Philadelphia in 1991.

     When he moved to Philadelphia, God started dealing with him to trust in God for his provisions.  He told Pastor T.U. Thomas that he was without a job and the counsel that was provided was that he should not submit any applications at this time, but only pray for 60 days and that he would obtain a job without even the submission of even one application and that would be his job till retirement.  He fully obeyed the instructions of the servant of God; on the 60th day, he received a job offer to start work without even submitting one application and he continued in that company until he retired.  He worked as a Productions Manager in a car re-manufacturing company named Alliance.  He was a blessing to the company and the owner of the company fully trusted him with all aspects of the company's operations and management.  He hired hundreds of employees and also conducted prayer meetings in this company.

     He was a very active member of the church and very concerned about believers, especially those who had not received the baptism of the holy spirit.  He would organize many prayer groups and encourage believers to spend time in prayer whenever possible.  Because of his dedication, determination, and devotion to prayer, many of them were able to receive the holy spirit.  He was a confidant to many of the young people and he would encourage them to pray and seek God's will for their future.  He always upheld them in prayer as well.

     He was a very faithful man, whether it was for church, work or his family life.  He was a cheerful giver and he blessed many people.  He was also a very hospitable person whose house was always open for anyone that wanted to visit and he never let anyone leave without an offering of refreshments.  He was a very loving man and his sense of humor made everyone around him happy.

     God blessed his with a daughter, Rency, son-in-law, Sunil, and granddaughters, Mercy Ann and Suzanne.  He was also blessed with a son, Ricky and daughter-in-law, Shaina.  He commanded his household to walk in the ways of the Lord and taught his children to see God's will in all aspects of their lives.  He had a special place in his heart for his granddaughters and loved having them around him always.

     In February of 2017, he became afflicted in his body, but in March he was still able to attend the international convention held in Chennai, India, which was the desire of his heart for quite a long time.  In August, he was nigh unto death, but God extended his life to attend his son's wedding in November.  During the early morning hours of Sunday, February 25th, his condition started deteriorating.  Whitle the servant of God was praying for him, he peacefully entered into God's eternal glory.

     He is survived by his wife, Elsy, children, Rency, Sunil, Ricky, and Shaina; granddaughters, Mercy Ann and Suzanne; siblings, Sunny, Joy, Benny, Pastor Sam and Usha.  He loved them, guided them, and helped them in every way possible.  He allowed his house to be their house.

     We want to give all the glory and honor to our Lord Jesus Christ who began this good work and was faithful to complete it in His time.  We also want to thank all the servants of God, Believers, family and friends for their love, prayer, and support.

     According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.               Philippians 1:20-21

© 2018 Fletcher Nasevich Funeral Home. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS